Monday, November 22, 2010

GUESS WHAT!!!

I won the Sobey Art Award last Thursday!

Since then I have received so may warm congratulations and sweet, supportive messages, and I really do feel incredibly lucky and thankful. I especially wanted to acknowledge and thank:

the Sobey family

the 2010 Sobey Curatorial Panel: Grant Arnold, Curator, Vancouver Art Gallery; Jen Budney, Associate Curator, Mendel Art Gallery; Philip Monk, Director, Art Gallery of York University; Lesley Johnstone, Curator, Musée d’art contemporain de Montréal; David Diviney, Curator, Art Gallery of Nova Scotia.

the 5 other, incredibly talented, shortlisted artists:
Emily Vey Duke and Cooper Battersby
Brendan Fernandez
Brendan Tang
Patrick Bernatchez

my musical collaborators:
Greg Goldberg
Linton

my art dealer:
Jessica Bradley

my technical collaborator:
Terence Cooke

the greatest friends in the world:
Karen Azoulay
Peggy Messing

the cities of Winnipeg and Montreal, and all of Canada's artist-run centres.

Deep Thanks! xo

Read the details in the Globe and Mail.

No comments: